Monday, May 21, 2012

Olympic Torch Relay

Today was an exciting day for  Bideford. The Olympic Torch, on its way to London for the Olympics in July, passed through the village. The torch will travel 8000 miles in the U.K. and be carried by 8000 torch bearers. Here's a photo with me in front videotaping the runner on my IPod. I was hoping to upload the video to this blog, but Apple is not cooperating with me:


Well, in one week we fly home. Knowing how nostalgic we'll be in a week and a day, we decided to have another cream tea. This time I didn't eat BOTH scones. I "kid-napkined" it and hid it in my purse to be enjoyed later in the day:


Don and I have only four days left to golf, so I won't be suprised to see him do 36 holes in a day. He was out at 5:15 this morning when the sun was just coming up. I decided to stay home and sleep in:



We'll try to get in a few more day-trips and pub lunches before Saturday when we head to Leyland to visit relatives. So many pubs to visit, so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment