Tuesday, May 8, 2012

British tv

Yesterday was a very raining day, so we just stayed inside and watched tv. As luck would have it, the finals of the World Snooker Championship were on. We watched snooker all the time when we were living in England in the eighties. In fact, in 1983 I was at the final in Sheffield where Canadian Cliff Thorburn made the first televised break of 147--in other words, he sank all the balls and won the match without his opponent getting a shot in. It's still televised today and you can see me in the audience standing and clapping. Now his competitor is a snooker commentator. It's funny how he looks so old now and I look the same.

Next we watched Britain's Got Talent. The team bound to win is Charlotte and
Jonathan. I think they are all over YouTube.

Don attempted to golf but was rained out after 6 holes. I opted to stay home and watch Coronation Street. So basically, I was parked on the couch from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.-- but I LOVE British tv so that was fine!

Since I only have my IPad with me right now (we're driving to Lynton), I'll post some photos freshly taken. This is the view from Lynton and the pub where we had lunch. The green car is a hydraulic cliff train that took us back up the hill after we walked down to the seaside.











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Lynton

No comments:

Post a Comment