Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

Kathleen and Emma gave instructions that we stay home on Tuesday because my Mother's Day gift was going to be delivered. As instructed, I parked myself in front of the tv and around noon, the delivery arrived. Here's a picture of my present:
There are two bottles of wine, two types of cheese, strawberry jam, honey, and lots of scones. Thanks, girls, for a marvelous gift!

I decided to have my hair cut, Devon-style. My stylist had never been to Canada, but we did have one thing in common: she was heading to Universal Studios in Florida in September, and I had been there in February. I gave her all sorts of hints and tricks for getting on rides and beating the crowds. Getting your hair done is a lot cheaper in England--$24 as opposed to about $40 in my neighbourhood in Ottawa.

 We set off golfing today at 6. Here's an artistic shot for you:

Here's a photo Don took in St. Ives. That seagull was the size of a Smart Car. We didn't risk feeding him for fear he'd take off a couple fingers:


Well, I did 18 holes of golf plus another 18 on the par 3, so I'm pooped. Time to put up my feet and watch a little telly. I need to rest up for some shopping later on this afternoon.

Here's the thought for the day:

The brave, 'tis true, do never shun the light;
Just are their thoughts, and open are their tempers;
Freely without disguise they love or hate;
Still are they found in the fair face of day,
And Heaven and men are judges of their actions.
--Rowe

2 comments:

  1. I have perpetual hat hair from wearing my golf cap and woolly cap, so we'll have to wait for a sunny day before you'll be able to see the 'do; that probably means when I'm back in Canada!

    ReplyDelete