Saturday, May 5, 2012

Home (away from home)

Well, we've settled into our cottage in Bideford. It's very cute and cosy. Don was SOOOO excited about meeting the pro at his new golf course, but I was more interested in resting after three straight days of golf. I volunteered to stay home and try to get the Internet working.

Don golfed with Maurice and Ray (Ray is 82). They had a great old chat and even asked Don to join them again in a week. Don said the course is amazing, very challenging with wild horses and sheep roaming the fairways. I'll take some pictures today.

It took me 3 hours to get the Internet rocket stick working. I had to phone tech support in the end. That used up all the minutes on my cell phone. Finally, as I logged in successfully, Don returned from golf and we decided to venture out to forage for food. Here's a shot of downtown Bideford. The bridge behind me dates from the 15th century.
We grabbed some fish and chips for dinner. Here's a very happy Don ready to chow down after a glorious day of golf.
Today we're driving to Peters Marland to see where my ancestors lived. I'll make sure to take lots of photos of the 'hood.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Bideford

No comments:

Post a Comment