Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I couldn't think of anything to blog about until...

Okay, so we golf, we eat, we watch t.v. Not very exciting, but VERY relaxing. But that doesn't leave much for me to blog about, does it? I could tell you that British t.v. consists of two genres: buying houses and hunting for antiques. (That's not strictly true: the history programs are really well done and I'm usually glued to the set.) Anyway, I've spent enough time telling you about t.v., food, and golf, so I was going to take a day off from blogging.
I went out to the shops (it's a beautiful day today, by the way) and who do you think I spotted walking amongst the crowd?

 Yes, it was a duck with a green bow tie!!!! I just HAD to get some more snaps:


The duck was out shopping with this dude who was collecting money for charity. I threw in a pound and snapped away. Apparently the duck was on the national news yesterday, but that could have been an advertising ploy. Who cares, the duck had star quality and I'd put him on the news!

Whew, that's enough excitement for today. I've convinced Don to golf all day on Thursday so I can do some souvenir shopping here; it didn't take much to convince him.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe this is the first we have heard about the duck on this side of the pond!

    ReplyDelete